Bi-Weekly Scheduled transactions -- bad news...

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Feb 15 11:45:28 CST 2004

OK, with some poking around I am pretty sure that there is something
seriously fishy with Bi-Weekly Scheduled transactions.  I added a few of
these -- a set of payments synchronized with my Bi-Weekly paycheck.  I
was able to add other Scheduled transactions, but I could not use the
Scheduled transactions editor while *adding* a new transaction --
GnuCash (/usr/bin/guile) would crash with a SegFault.

Eventually, I was able to get the Scheduled transactions editor and by
simply deleting the Bi-Weekly transactions (sight unseen), I was able to
get things back to functioning sanely (no more crashing).

Someone needs to have a seriously close look at the Scheduled
transactions code, particularly looking at the Bi-Weekly code.

It seems somehow related to the code in gdate.c -- somehow it is
mis-creating date strings or something like that.

                                     \/
Robert Heller                        ||InterNet:   heller at cs.umass.edu
http://vis-www.cs.umass.edu/~heller  ||            heller at deepsoft.com
http://www.deepsoft.com              /\FidoNet:    1:321/153