more newbie q's

Elizabeth Dodd liz at billiau.net
Mon Feb 23 14:23:57 CST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:20, Derek Atkins wrote:

> >> What's a "bank reconciliation report"?
> >
> > It prints out a list of the actions on the bank account in the last
> > period, notes unpresented cheques and tells you that the program and the
> > bank statement agree on the results.
> > Liz
>
> So in other words it captures the state of the reconcile window the
> last time you ran it, and presents that to you in some printable
> format?  I guess I still don't understand why this is useful.
>
> -derek
Its use is opaque to myself; but I get them with my monthly cheque from
certain businesses in which I own a part share. I guess that the accountants
believe that I will then believe that the books aren't cooked.
Liz
--
A great nation is any mob of people which produces at least one honest
man a century.