more newbie q's

Elizabeth Dodd liz at billiau.net
Mon Feb 23 14:33:34 CST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:21, Robert Heller wrote:

> >> What's a "bank reconciliation report"?
> >
> >It prints out a list of the actions on the bank account in the last
> > period, notes unpresented cheques and tells you that the program and the
> > bank statement agree on the results.
> >Liz
>
> So, this would be a hard copy report of what is displayed in the dialog
> box you get when you select 'Reconcile' under 'Actions', just before
> you click on 'Finish', right?

MYOB version has
company identification
account identification
date/time (?of generating report) (03/02/2004 8:47:34 AM)
date of bank statement (30/1/04)
list of reconciled cheques, totalled and another 'total' of invisible entries,
which reads zero dollars
list of reconciled deposits, totalled  and another 'total' of invisible
entries, which reads zero dollars
a heading reconciliation
MYOB balance on date 30/1/04 (amount)
add oustanding cheques (amount)
subtotal (amount)
deduct outstanding deposits (amount)
expected balance on statement (amount)

Liz
--
You give me space to belong to myself yet without separating me
from your own life.  May it all turn out to your happiness.