configure failing on guile

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 24 18:31:35 CST 2004

Al Brown <mral at sonic.net> writes:

> FLAVOR=gnome guile -c \
>            "(set! %load-path (cons \"/usr/share/guile\" %load-path)) \
>             (primitive-load \"./gw-core-utils-spec.scm\") \
>             (gw:generate-wrapset \"gw-core-utils\")"
> **** NOTE: this wrapset appears to be empty !?
> add-ws-t gw-core-utils #<output: gw-core-utils.c 3>

This implies you have the wrong version of g-wrap installed.  Are you
sure that you've ONLY got g-wrap-1.3 and **NOT** g-wrap-1.1 or
g-wrap-1.2?  You should be able to find RH8 RPMs at www.gnucash.org/pub/

If you installed the g-wrap RPMs from RH8, it will cause you problems.

> grep: /usr/lib/libqthreads.la: No such file or directory
> sed: can't read /usr/lib/libqthreads.la: No such file or directory
> libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libqthreads.la' is not a valid libtool archive

What do you get from:
     ls -l /usr/lib/libqthreads*

Next, what do you get from:
      find /usr -name \*.la -print | xargs grep libqthreads.la

> I dont know what libqthreads.la is or where it comes from.

libqthreads is part of guile.  But you shouldn't have anything that
depends on the .la file.... unless you installed some stuff incorrectly.

> Just so that folks know what my environment is:
> I started with redhat 8.0 and I'm tring to compile gnucash 1.8.8
>   I just finished installing the RPM for gnucash 1.8.5 and it went great.

Hmm....  You can probably get away with using the 1.8.5 RPM.