newbie question

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 25 10:25:14 CST 2004

Carlton Young <maco_young at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have entered several AR transactions.  Now several
> have been paid, so want to change the 'T' column from
> I to P.

T == TYPE.  You don't change it.  It signifies what kind of
transaction it is.  When an invoice is paid, that is not
reflected in the A/R account.  It's reflected in the A/R Aging Report,
Customer Report, or Invoice Search Window.  I suppose an RFE would
be to add the flag to the invoice window itself.

> Problem: I cannot edit the transaction.  I bring AR
> up, click (highligh) the transaction, but no
> combination of mouse clicks or menu choices (that I
> can find) allow me to _edit_ the transaction.

This is a feature.  If you need to edit the transaction you should
do so from the invoice.