Newbie question - Trust Account

cwchia at hotpop.com cwchia at hotpop.com
Thu Feb 26 12:44:15 CST 2004

Hi,

I'm a practicing lawyer in Malaysia who just set up own practice 3 months
ago. Although I sat for Accounting examination in my pre-U, but that paper
nearly dashed my chances of getting a law degree as I was sleeping
throughout my Accounting classes then ;(

The laws here requires us to keep accounts for money received from client
and be placed in client's accouts. I believe that is referred to as 'trust
accounts' by the American. I've tried to look for any tutorial, template of
chart of accounts or help file pertaining to this type of accounts but to
na avail. Please enlighten me on how to set up this type of account.
Thanks