Account Set-up

Alan H. Lake alan.lake at lakeinfoworks.com
Sun Feb 29 18:09:28 CST 2004

In the set-up for my church's books, I have an account structure that
looks something like this:
Income
    Contributions
        Chang
        Jones
        Smith
        Walters
Assets
    Current Assets
        Checking Account
            Building Fund
            General Fund
            Music
and so forth.

It's obvious how one would use this structure to take a contribution and
transfer it to one or more funds.  The problem comes when I wish to
balance the checking account statement from the bank.

On the Income side, I need to accumulate all of the contributions from
each collection so that I can see each deposit amount before putting in
into the different funds in the checking account.

On the expenditure side, the money needs to be maintained in the
separate funds in the checking account, but I need to have a register
for the whole checking account so I can find (and clear) a given check.

How should I revise this structure to accomplish those goals?  Any help
would be appreciated.
--
Alan -- www.lakeinfoworks.com