How to organize multiuser gnucash data base on linux?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Mon Jan 5 13:01:46 CST 2004

Hello,

I'm organizing my household finances with gnucash (for a long time now).
I have recently tried to split the accounting work with other people I'm
living with, but I haven't had a lot of luck doing so. On my Linux
system I have set up a group containing all the users who are supposed
to access the data base in question and chowned the data base
accordingly. This model fails, since gnucash always chownes the data
base to the last user saving it. Could anybody give me any insight into
how to deal with the problem of accessibility to a gnucash database
through multiple user accounts?

Thanks, Joh

PS: if this shows up twice it's because I have sent it through the wrong
email account first and the group administrator decided to post it
anyway. Joh