Package for RHEL 3

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Wed Jan 7 10:16:01 CST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 10:56, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Robert Locke <rlocke at ralii.com> writes:
>
> > I have been searching, but unsuccessfully, to find an rpm for
> > installation of gnucash on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 ES.
> >
> > I tried downloading the sources but seem to be caught in dependency hell
> > since a few of my installed libraries seem to have a "2" appended to
> > their names (i.e. libglade and gtkhtml).  Before I assume, I figured I
> > would ask for some help.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> No clue.  Does RHEL3 distribute gnome-1.4 still or have they
> completely removed it?  GnuCash is a gnome-1.4 application.  The
> libglade2 and libgtkthml2 wont help you, as those are gnome2
> libraries, not gnome-1.4 libraries.
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --Rob
>
> -derek

Apparently, I have Gnome 2.2, but there are a couple of libraries that
are installed called:

gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-34.1.i386.rpm
gnome-libs-devel-1.4.1.2.90-34.1.i386.rpm

Do these not provide some of that compatibility?  Though apparently, the
"old" versions of libglade, etc, have been removed (though, funny that
they still appear in Fedora Core 1 which is 2.4 based, but then again,
Fedora has an rpm for gnucash included).

Other thoughts?

--Rob