Problems with slib-2d6?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 28 07:58:32 CST 2004

Hi,

Bernd Muent <Bernd.Muent at euroscript.de> writes:

> - then I tried to get: http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/ftpdir/scm/slib2d6.tar.gz
> But it is not there.
> With Google and www.tuxfinder.com I could only find slib2d5.tar.gz.
> So I downloaded this and did: tar xzf slib2d5.tar.gz && cp -Rv slib
> /usr/share/guile
> Is this the wrong version?

no, 2d5 should work fine, although 2d6 would be better.

> - Then I builded gnu-cash 1.8.7 (I tried 1.8.8 as well) with
> /configure --prefix=/opt/gnome && make && && make check && make install
> This time alle tests with make check where ok.

I don't understand why you'd even try 1.8.7 instead of just sticking
with 1.8.8....

> But when I start gnucash I get the following error:
> root at workstation:/usr/local/apache>gnucash
> Backtrace:
> In unknown file:
>     ?: 40  (or (begin (try-module-linked name)) (try-module-autoload
>     name) ...)
>        ?: 41* [try-module-autoload (gnucash report account-piecharts)]
>           ?: 42  (let* (# # # #) (resolve-module dir-hint-module-name #f)
>           (and # #))
[snip]

>  /opt/gnome//share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/account-piecharts.scm:463:6:
>                                                                In
>                                                                expression
>  (gnc:define-report
>                                                                (quote
>                                                                version) 1
>                                                                ...):
>  /opt/gnome//share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/account-piecharts.scm:463:6:
>                                                                Unbound
>                                                                variable:
>  gnc:define-report

Don't know what to tell you.  The symbol exists, it's exported by the
report-system module, and the account-piecharts report loads the
report-system module... So the symbol should be there (and indeed it
IS there on my machine, and every other machine I've used).  Sounds
like a linker problem on your system.

What version of libtool do you have?  What about libltdl?

> So, the same problem as before :-(

Appears so.  Perhaps you should use a real Linux distribution?

> Then I went to http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/ftpdir/scm/ and found there
> not Version 2d6, but
> http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/ftpdir/scm/slib3a1.tar.gz
> A newer version?

Yes, but gnucash wont work with slib3, which is why I specified slib2.