GnuCash Install Problems (was: Re: (no subject))

Donald D Henson wepin at wepin.com
Wed Jan 28 15:50:44 CST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 13:24, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Donald D Henson <wepin at wepin.com> writes:
>
> > Just checking. I've run into some pretty strange naming conventions in
> > Linux.  :-)
>
> Ok..
>
> > So what's next? I'm thinking I should reinstall slib followed by a
> > reinstall of GnuCash. Does this sound reasonable or do you have other
> > suggestions?
>
> Shouldn't need to recompile..
>
> > Don Henson
>
> -derek

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both slib and gnucash. As you
predicted, this made no difference. I then tried uninstalling the
version listed in Synaptic (version 1.8.7-4) and replaced it with the
version that came with the SuSE 9.0 distribution (version 1.8.5). The
1.8.5 version installs and runs without any problems. Is it possible
that something got screwed up in the later versions? Should I submit a
bug on this?

Don Henson