Errors compiling Gnucash for Mac OSX

Robyn Phillips robynphillips at email.com
Sun Jul 4 07:00:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to get Gnucash to work on a Mac for OSX. After a bit of
research, I have downloaded Fink and Gnucash 1.8.9. I also have developer
tools and X11 installed.

In the Terminal window, I typed 'sudo apt-get install gnucash' to download
all of the required libraries. After two attempts, it download over 40Mb of
library stuff (taking over 3 hours on my dial up connection).

I then started following the instructions in the INSTALL file that came with
Gnucash. From the Terminal window, I typed './configure' and a bunch of
stuff appeared on the screen, with these being the last two lines:

    checking for library containing gettext... no
    configure: error: Cannot find gettext -- do you need to build -lintl?

According to FinkCommander, I have gettext installed version 0.10.40-17.

Can anyone help me get past this step so that I can continue getting to the
stage where I can actually use Gnucash? Of course, if someone could tell me
where a copy of Gnucash ready to go for the Mac is, that would be even
better!

Thanks,

Robyn