Errors compiling Gnucash for Mac OSX

Johan Sch johansche at absamail.co.za
Mon Jul 5 07:57:14 EDT 2004

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 19:58:56 +1000
Robyn Phillips <robynphillips at email.com> wrote:

> on 4/7/04 23:37, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> > Note that "apt-get install gnucash" should actually install gnucash,
> > and it probably installed the BINARY version...  It would not have
> > installed any of the build dependencies.
> >
> > Is there some reason you don't want to use the pre-built version?
> >

> >> Can anyone help me get past this step so that I can continue getting to the
> >> stage where I can actually use Gnucash? Of course, if someone could tell me
> >> where a copy of Gnucash ready to go for the Mac is, that would be even
> >> better!
> >>

> Hi Derek,
>
> I thought apt-get would download all of the dependencies, as that was what
> triggered the 40Mb download.
>
> The only reason I am not using the pre-built version, is I have not been
> able to locate it. Do you (or anyone else) know where I can get one for Mac
> OSX?
>
> Robyn

Try http://rpm.pbone.net/

I am sure I have seen it there.
They have gnucash for various linux os's and flavours.
You need to know all the file names you require.
For Mandrake 10.0 .. 4 files were required to install it.
****
Here is what I mean...for mdk 10.0..
gnucash-1.8.9-2.norlug.i586.rpm       libgnucash0-1.8.9-2.norlug.i586.rpm
gnucash-hbci-1.8.9-2.norlug.i586.rpm
gnucash-ofx-1.8.9-2.norlug.i586.rpm

Hopes this helps
--