Errors compiling Gnucash for Mac OSX

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 5 09:04:39 EDT 2004

Robyn,

Robyn Phillips <robynphillips at email.com> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> I thought apt-get would download all of the dependencies, as that was what
> triggered the 40Mb download.

apt-get will only download the runtime dependencies, not build dependencies.

> The only reason I am not using the pre-built version, is I have not been
> able to locate it. Do you (or anyone else) know where I can get one for Mac
> OSX?

Um, if "apt-get install gnucash" actually worked, then it means you
successfully installed the binary version of gnucash.  If the binary
package didn't exist, then apt-get would have told you "no such
package".

Have you looked for gnucash in /sw/usr/bin or /sw/bin?