OFX Import: Transaction Matching

Englisch, Volker (NIH/NCI) volker at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jul 8 18:54:55 EDT 2004

I hope this hadn't been answered elsewhere but I could not find an
answer in the documentation or the archives to this question.

I have the situation that a check I wrote on May 12th didn't clear the
bank until June 9th and I just downloaded my financial data for last month
using the OFX format.

When I am now importing the data into GC (version 1.8.9) this transaction,
which was entered 8 weeks ago, doesn't get matched with my register entries.
The transaction in question is listed in the register. The
check number and dollar amount between the register and the imported
transaction are matching but the transaction in the register is not matched
automatically by the importer and it is also not part of the list of
transactions to pick from as a possible match.

What is the time frame that GC uses for matching transactions and could this
be adjusted?
I don't know if adjusting the "importing thresholds" in the preferences
would help here but the few changes that I did to those values didn't seem
to solve this particular problem.

Thanks

Volker Englisch