Problems with install on RH9 with XD2

sridhar pandurangiah sridharpandu at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 01:54:26 EDT 2004

Hi,

After problems with the RPMS downloaded from
sourceforge I was told to use the RPMS at

http://people.redhat.com/notting/gnucash/

I downloaded the following

gnucash-1.8.8-0.9.i386.rpm
gnucash-backend-postgres-1.8.8-0.9.i386.rpm

from the above site and tried installing them. I get
the following error messages.

if i install the postgress package first I get the
this error
unlocatable package                     required by
gnucash=1.8.8
gnucash-backend-postgres

if i install the GNUcash package first I get the this
error
unlocatable package                     required by
gnucash=1.8.1
gnucash-backend-postgres

Is there something wrong? I use RH 9 with Ximian
Desktop 2. Checked versions of GUPPI, GUILE, GWRAP and
SLIB on my Linux box and they are up to date

Need help. DESPERATE!!

Regards,

Sridhar Pandurangiah