The Gnucash database?

Jean-David Beyer jdbeyer at exit109.com
Sat Jul 17 12:54:54 EDT 2004

Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 01:45:34AM -0500, blfs was heard to remark:
>
>> What database does gnucash use?
>

> In the 'normal' mode, it uses a flat file.  There is a postgres backend
>  but very few poeople use it.  I am designing a new generic sql
> backend.

By generic, do you mean the actual SQL statements are localized in one or
a very few files that I can diddle (if need be) and have the database in
IBM DB2 that I run anyway instead of running two DBMSs; i.e., both DB2 and
postgreSQL?

I do not mean I will do it, but otherwise I know I will not.

--
   .~.  Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
   /V\                             Registered Machine   241939.