GnuCash 1.8.9 RH8 rpm to FC2 rpm

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Sat Jul 17 22:14:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 23:58, Jon Lapham wrote:
> Derek Atkins wrote:

> >>Yes! I have never had any experience building rpm packages but I am
> >>willing to learn and build RH8 packages. Is there a tutorial somewhere
> >>or a contact I can talk to to learn?
> >

> > Hopefully Chris will respond....
>
> See the rpm/README file in the source code, I updated it a few months
> ago, so let me know if the instructions are not clear.

Hello Jon, A while ago you gave me the above guide to building an rpm
for RH8. I followed your instructions and got the RH8 rpm for
gnucash-1.8.9. which worked well.

I have just upgraded to FC2 and gnucash-1.8.9 will no longer run. I now
want to build an rpm for FC2 but when I get to the point where I run the
command: 'rpmbuild -ba gnucash.spec' I immediately get the following
error:

'[graeme at barney SPECS]$ rpmbuild -ba gnucash.spec
error: line 14: Tag takes single token only: Release:   1.RHpackage
redhat-release is not installed'

The following is the block where the problem occurs:

Name:           gnucash
Source:
http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/gnucash-%{ver$BuildRoot:      %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-root
Requires:       gnome-libs >= 1.2.0, gdk-pixbuf >= 0.2.5, gnome-print >=
0.21
Requires:       guile >= 1.3.4, gtkhtml >= 0.8, Guppi >= 0.35.3
Requires:       g-wrap >= 1.3.4, umb-scheme >= 3.2, gal >= 0.8
BuildPrereq:    g-wrap-devel >= 1.3.4, gtkhtml-devel >= 0.8
BuildPrereq:    Guppi-devel, gal-devel, libxml-devel
BuildPrereq:    libglade-devel, libghttp-devel, python-devel,
libtermcap-devel
BuildPrereq:    readline-devel
Prereq:         /sbin/ldconfig /sbin/install-info

Is there a package called '1.RHpackage redhat-release' that needs to be
installed or is there some problem related to trying to build the rpm
on/for FC2?

Hoping you can clear this up for me. I cannot do without gnucash.

Thanks,

Graeme.