Repairing corrupted account file--How?

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Sun Jul 18 21:50:35 EDT 2004

How can I repair a corrupted account file?

I had replayed some journals in gnucash 1.8.7 recently, having lost a
part of the original file due to a kernel issue. I am using SuSE 9.0
with latest updates.

After replay, all the data except the amounts were recovered. Now all
the amounts entered appear to be empty and gnucash will neither allow an
entry to be changed nor allow me to leave the entry--seems to want to
force me to adjust the split amounts while not allowing any changes.

Using check & repair does nothing.

gnucash does not complain about anything. There are no errors.

SuSE is so different that I cannot upgrade to 1.8.9, either easily or
with difficulty.