Backup idea

Bryan Phinney bphinney_list at kislinux.org
Tue Jul 20 14:39:57 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 01:55 pm, Alan H. Lake wrote:

> Are there any ideas or suggestions that might expedite this project?

I have one, install Cygwin, VMWare, CoLinux, etc. that allow you to recreate
the Linux environment from within Windows and then, if "disaster" strikes,
which IMO is much more likely to involve the Windows machine, you not only
have access to the Gnucash data but you can continue to work with it using
the Gnucash application.

It doesn't sound to me like your biggest issue is a "backup" idea, more like
an export the data so that you can work with it from within Windows.  The raw
data is likely to be relatively worthless if you can't establish the original
transactions or relationships between the transactions.

--
Bryan Phinney