Viewing future balance

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Jul 22 09:20:22 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 07:30, sad jack wrote:

> The projected minimum will only work if the scheduled transactions are
> set in advance as Liz says. I was hoping for a 'forecast' type option
> where it would calculate what free cash there was after commitments were
> taken. This would in my view be a little more flexible. In the meantime

It certainly is more flexible, and this was the original goal for the
scheduled transactions -- that they would be the starting point for
forecasting, budgeting and moreover "workbench"-like functionality.

*sigh*  But as it turns out, the cost of building software is
significantly higher than the cost of thinking about what software
should do.

In any case, a financial workbench is desirable, but personally I've
become much more interested in other topics here, 5 years later. :/

...jsled

--
http://ww.asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`