generic sql [wasRe: The Gnucash database?]

Jean-David Beyer jdbeyer at exit109.com
Fri Jul 23 10:35:36 EDT 2004

Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 10:52:05AM -0400, Jean-David Beyer was heard to remark:
>
>>I normally just use the embedded SQL in a C++ program. I assume the
>

> I'm pursuing a ver very different strategy.  The design assumes that
> none of the tables and none of the objects are known at compile time,
> these are all discovered at run time.

Do you perceive a large benefit to be gained from this complexity?

It is not as though I would expect that _users_ would be making changes to
the database _structure_ (of course about all they do, from a dbms
standpoint is make changes on the _content_ and print reports on (possibly
complex) subsets of the content).

--
   .~.  Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
   /V\                             Registered Machine   241939.