Description column size locked when Register window is resized

Milind Kamble mbkads at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 11:43:23 EDT 2004

Hi.
   My first attempt to send this mail seems to have
failed, because the mail did not show up on the
archives even after a couple of hours.

Anyways. I am using Gnucash 1.8.9 on unstable
Debian/GNU.  The problem I see, is that I cannot
resize the Description column in the register window.
I can resize all other columns except that one. Anyone
knows how to do this? I would like to trade-off the
size of the Description column for increasing the size
of the Transfer column so that the tranfered account
name is visible to the extent it can be visually
identified.

I looked in the mailinglist archives, but the earliest
reference to this problem is way back in 2000.

Apologies if I have missed something obvious/trivial.

Thanks
Milind