inputting an invoice

blfs blfs at comcast.net
Fri Jul 23 20:08:21 EDT 2004

I have given a little effort to this program, I have read
some of the theory and set up a chart of accounts.

I still have no data in my program.

Just for general instruction and interest.

Let us assume I have the following data

Invoice table
invoice#     DATE    Customer
1               2-03-1002     abc
2               3-6-1492       COLumbus

lineitem table
Invoice#     description    QTY    Cost
1                 arrows          24      .24
2                  ship             7       10,000.00
2                  compass      1        500.00

How would I get this data into GNUcash?

I would like to do this manually and using the import option.

As a related issue.  It seems to me that GNUcash should
be able to import anything that can be exported by gnumeric,  and vice versa.  This is very important, but
I will go into more depth here after I read some responses.