How to upgrade gnucash to 1.8.9 on OSX

Tara Ingram Hudson taralacyingram at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 20:47:18 EDT 2004

I got the 1.8.8 package from gnucash.org > Downloads USA > gnucash > debian
 > gnucash_1.6.4-1_i386.deb.

For the original install (and compile I assume?), I used Fink Commander
(FC) with 2 stesps. 1) Source->Selfupdate-rsync.  2) select gnucash and run
Binary->Install.  That's it. FC managed all the dependancies, etc.

Right now FC shows that my installed version is 1.8.8-12 and that latest
version is 1.8.9-14.  So FC knows about the updated package.

When I Binary > Install I get "Sorry, gnucash is already the newest
version."  And when I Binary > Run in Terminal > Update and then Upgrade I
get "0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not
upgraded."

~ Tara