gnucash dying

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Jul 30 07:12:56 EDT 2004

On Thursday 29 Jul 2004 16:19, Robert E. Harvey, M.D. wrote:

> gtkhtml-ERROR **: gconf error: Failed to contact configuration server (a
> likely cause of this is that you have an existing configuration server
> (gconfd) running, but it isn't reachable from here - if you're logged in
> from two machines at once, you may need to enable TCP networking for ORBit)
>

> aborting...
> Aborted
>  What can I do to fix this problem?

Hi,

I had this problem for a while under kde on a SuSE installation which didn't
have much of gnome installed....

You need to make sure that gconfd is running _before_ gnucash starts.  I am
sure this is in the faq or on the wiki, so you should be able to get more
info there.

Hope that is of some help,
Maf.