Balance sheet - shouldn't it indicate a single date rather than a range?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 8 10:36:00 EDT 2004

Ben,

Ben Pracht <bpracht at nc.rr.com> writes:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
> At the balance sheet point, the income and expenses would have been
> cumulative, regardless of whether the income sheet accounts were
> closed.  To be in balance in all cases, the income sheet accounts
> would have to be shown, though.

Exactly -- and since they are NOT shown, this is the easier way
to do it.  The key is to make sure your P&L and Balance Sheet
have the same period, and everything works.

> Btw, is there a feature to close the income sheet accounts?

There is some untested code in CVS.

> Regards,
> Ben Pracht

-derek