Users preferences not being saved

cosmodog at comcast.net cosmodog at comcast.net
Thu Jun 10 17:18:31 EDT 2004

Any ideas why gnucash would silently fail to save preferences?

I am trying to turn off SXs so gnucash won't hang when starting. But
the changes I make in the preferences pane are not being retained.
Even if I do gnucash --nofile and save a new book.  I don't see any
messages on the xterm or the console complaining about not being able
to write to the preferences file.  I  became unable to save preferences
a few weeks ago, before I started having problems with "since last run"
dragging, but I was just putting up with it. Now I really need to
figure it out.

I am using gnucash 1.8.9 and xdarwin from fink.

TIA,

Richard