Users preferences not being saved

cosmodog at comcast.net cosmodog at comcast.net
Fri Jun 11 01:07:02 EDT 2004

Thanks for your response, Derek.

While checking the timestamp on ~/.gnucash/config-1.8.auto (per your
suggestion) I inadvertantly removed an empty file called config.user
and I can now save preferences.

I guess having an empty file called ~/.gnucash/config.user causes
gnucash to overwrite config-1.8.auto with defaults.

-Richard

gnucash: [W] "failure loading ""/Users/kandr/.gnucash/config.user"