linking gnucash to data in postgres

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Thu Jun 17 16:26:22 EDT 2004

I was wondering if it was possible to use the database features of
postgres linked to entries in gnucash (I'm currently using gnucash-1.4)
I had a quick look on the docos on the gnucash website but didn't see
anything that seemed to address the problem.

Case: My son's soccer league has about 1000 kids in it. There are also
coaches, referees, sponsors, suppliers of T-shirts, playing fields,
times....

Looking at just the kids, there would be entries in the database for
each kid (name, address, birthdate, season, division, team...)
including payment of fees, check#...

Is it possible to on receipt of registation for a kid, to update the
information for the kid as well as enter the financial information
(check number, amount paid) and have the financial information appear
in the gnucash view of the database?

Thanks Joe

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb at epa.gov