gnucash and cygwin

Rohan Shah rshah3 at cs.mcgill.ca
Sun Jun 20 19:07:29 EDT 2004

I'm trying to configure gnucash for cygwin. I get the following error
even though I have glib installed (I installed it using setup.exe
(GNOME2->glib version 2.2.1-2):

checking for GLIB - version >= 0.99.7... no
*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: Cannot find glib. Check config.log

In my /usr/bin I have:
Rohan at rohan_laptop /usr/bin
$ ls *glib*
cygglib-2.0-0.dll  glib-genmarshal.exe  glib-gettextize  glib-mkenums

Rohan at rohan_laptop /usr/bin
$

And in my /usr/lib I have:

Rohan at rohan_laptop /usr/lib
$ ls *glib*
libglib-2.0.dll.a  libglib-2.0.la

glib-2.0:
include

Rohan at rohan_laptop /usr/lib
$

How can I check if glib is infact installed. I know I have to change the
path variable and stuff but have no idea how this is done. Has anyone
sucessfully installed gnucash on cygwin? thanks in advance,

Rohan