Possible Bug During Reconciliation

Walt Pennington wpennington at pennfirm.com
Fri Mar 5 15:10:57 CST 2004

While reconciling an asset account (checking), I have encountered the
following error.

Mandrake 9.1
GnuCash 1.8.7

Asset Account.  Actions ->Reconcile
If I find an event that should not be recorded, click the item, then
right click, then choose "Delete," the item is deleted, and:

1.  The reconciliation display of "$" is shown as the total;
2.  "$" is shown in the Reconciled Balance; and
3.  "$" is shown for the Difference.

Sometimes closing and restarting the reconciliation will fix the problem
with totals, and other times, only restarting GnuCash will fix the
problem.

The same occurs if I while I am in reconciliation, I go to the account,
and delete an item, and then return to the reconciliation.

Walt