About paying bill...

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 7 22:58:24 CST 2004

Patrick GELIN <patrick.gelin at free.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> So may be it's a bug but I can't pay bills because they may have been
> posted/uposted... So now what can I do? Each time I start Gnucash there a
> message saying I have to pay bills but all is done...
>
> My current verison is 1.8.8. It's not a stable release for Mandrake 9.2. In
> fact stable release for Mandrake 9.2 is only 1.8.6 and doanload directory
>>From gnucash web site is empty... Do you think it's better for me to go
> back to 1.8.6 in order to correct this bill payment problem?

Going back is NEVER a way to fix bugs..

Basically: there is a problem with your invoice/payments.  As I said
earlier, if you could give me a roadmap to reproduce this problem I
can try to fix it.  Unfortunately looking at your data file wont help
me.

One workaround: Go into your A/R account and delete _ALL_ the payments
for the customer, and then re-enter them, one at a time, _IN ORDER OF
THE INVOICES_.  This should effectively pay them.

Clearly there *IS* a bug, but I have no clue where to even start
looking because I have no way to reproduce it.