Mortgage Druid is not giving me expected results

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Mar 8 09:30:30 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 10:16, Laurent Duperval wrote:

> I've set it as a fixed percentage, 227 months. I tried setting the
> payment schedule to bi-weekly, or to weekly/every two weeks. Both of
> them give me the same payment summarry on the last screen.

I've just swept a bunch of the "normal" scheduled-transaction bugs away,
and I'm going to focus on the mortgage/loan druid in the near future...

> What I found even weirder is that the payment is always arount 800$ per
> payment, whether I select weekly, bi-weekly or even monthly. It should
> be around $450/payment.

It would be very helpful to me to have a bit more detail than this, so I
can craft some realisitic test-cases...

Specifically, what is the initial principal, interest rate, and expected
payment schedule?  What are the values of the formulae that the M/L
Druid creates?

...jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`