Language Change

ghaverla at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca ghaverla at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Sun Mar 21 16:50:50 CST 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Sure, just run "LANG=C gnucash" from the command-line to
> run GnuCash under the 'C' locale.

This is setting/temporarily overwriting the value of the LANG
environment variable, just for this one command,  If this is
something you do often, you can set up an alias (if your shell
allows for it, bash does).

I use an alias to set my terminal type to VT100 to ssh to one
particular site:
 alias psite='TERM=vt100 ssh UserID at some.particular.site'
So, whenever the shell sees 'psite' as the first token on a
command line, it substitutes the contents of the alias.  For most
purposes, having my terminal type defined to be 'linux' is just
fine, this one site requires vt100.

Gord