Cannot post invoice

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 22 15:34:21 EST 2004

DECo <diamond.edge at verizon.net> writes:

>> > I don't know what you mean by account type then.
>>
>> Aha!  The plot thickens.  How do you know your account is of
>> type A/R if you don't know what an account type is?
> Good question.
>>
>> In the account tree view, select the account, then click
>> the "Edit" button.  In the window that pops up you'll see
>> a frame in the middle/left that labeled "Type" and has a list
>> of account types.  One type will be selected.
>>
>> What types are selected for these accounts?
>
> Asset
> Did I  screw up?

Yes, you did -- which is what I've been saying all along.  Your A/R
account needs to be of type A/Receivable -- pull it up in the and
reset the type appropriately.  Then the post will work, as I've been
saying this whole time!.

>> > What file would you like to see?
>>
>> Your data file.
> What would it be called?

Whatever you named it.  But I suspect I wont need it.  I think
we figured out the problem.