Start-up problem

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Mar 23 04:56:09 EST 2004

On Monday 22 Mar 2004 20:18, DECo wrote:
> I am using 1.8.7 on suse 8.2 and when I start gnucash I get the startup
> splash window, but the actual working window never appears.  How could I
> fix this? Regards,
> Smitty

I had a similar problem using SuSE 9.0 a while back - everything had been
going fine, and then one day gnucash wouldn't start.  Turned out to be the
often-mentioned gconfd-1 problem.

I had payable/receivable aging reports which opened on startup - all was
fine, then gconfd stopped working and "broke" gnucash.

IIRC it was ultimately a problem with my nfslockd not starting properly...

Do you run gnome as your default desktop?  If so, I think you should get
messages from gconfd about it not working properly.... can't be sure as am
a mostly KDE man...

Hope that is of some help

Cheers,
Maf.