[Fink-beginners] Re: Fink-beginners digest, Vol 1 #1581 - 9 msgs

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 28 05:20:01 EST 2004

Bryan Beau Grant wrote:
[]
> I have read the FAQ's. I have gotten tons of helpful advice. I just
> want someone to admit that GnuCash just does not work on Mac, then i
> will quietly go away and go on and buy someting from the store. If it
> does work, will someone PLEASE HELP?

Just for the fun of it (I don't use gnucash), I ran

   sudo apt-get install gnucash

and it downloaded and installed 18 packages, which took altogether 85
seconds. Gnucash seems to work correctly (I didn't have the patience to
finish the configuration and to discuss my finances with wise-cracking
wizards or druids, but some kind of account sheet did come up).

[]
> dpkg (subprocess): failed to exec dpkg-split to see if it's part of a
> multiparter: No such file or directory
> dpkg: error processing
> /sw/var/cache/apt/archives/gal19-shlibs_0.19.2-23_darwin-powerpc.deb
> (--unpack):
>  subprocess dpkg-split returned error exit status 2

When this came up on the lists, it was usually blamed on a wrong PATH
setting. Since you are using FinkCommander, you would need to check
whether the PATH in Preferences->Environment contains /sw/bin:/sw/sbin.

--
Martin