Transaction reports documentation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 31 18:34:00 EST 2004

Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, gh wrote:
>
>> - Assuming GC 1.8.8
>
> gh,
>
>   I'm running 1.8.2.

You should upgrade.  1.8.8 is current.  1.8.2 has lots of bugs.

>> - Go to options (icon on toolbar) and select dates and accounts.  (Note
>> that you have select the individual accounts. Selecting a parent account
>> does not select the sub-accounts)
>
>   I configure GUI application displays for text only, but I found the
> options menu.

Huh?  I don't understand what you mean by this comment.

>> - You should get your report
>
>   I didn't. Should the options be selected prior to selecting the report
> type? I think that was my mistake: doing it the other way around.

The 'options' button in the toolbar is context-sensitive.  You can't
set your report options until you run the report.  I.e., you must run
Report -> [pick-your-report] and have it open the report window before
you can set the report options for that report.  Once the report is
open, click on 'options' in the toolbar in the report window to set
the report options.