GnuCash 1.8.9 RH8 rpm

Dale Alspach alspach at math.okstate.edu
Sun May 2 23:12:45 EDT 2004

I have an old PC that does not meet the requirements for any
version of RH above 8. (I also have a new one running RH WS
3.0) Today I plunged in and compiled gnucash 1.8.9. It took a
while and I had to locate a few missing devel rpms, but it
worked (at least so far). I did run make check and it said
that one of the tests failed, but I did not see which one.
(Is there a log file somewhere or do I need to redirect to a
file?) So it is at least possible to compile from the
tarball.

Dale Alspach