Problems with scheduled transactions

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat May 8 13:40:35 EDT 2004

  Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at myaccess.com.au>,
  In a message on Sun, 9 May 2004 00:00:02 +1000, wrote :

DL> Since there is no RPM of 1.8.9 available for Mandrake, I started with the
DL> Fedora SRPM. At the very end, when "make install" had finished and the RPM
DL> was being created, I got the following build error:
DL>
DL> File not found: /var/tmp/gnucash-1.8.9-root/usr/lib/debug.
DL>
DL> (a) Can I fix this without too much trouble?  The tree is still there at the
DL> moment.
DL> (b) Would I be right in saying that if I could get that far, I should be able
DL> to install from source?

(a) Yes.  Find where the the '-debug' RPM is built and comment out the
lines in the spec file that (attempt) to build it.  Basically, you just
remove the RedHat/Fedora '-debug' RPM nonsense.  There is probably some
code in the script file that attempts to collect the files for the
'-debug' rpm file.  Comment this out, along with any commands that make
use of this list -- it should be pretty clear.

Then you can do 'rpm(build) -ba <path>/gnucash.spec' (I don't know if
your version of Mandrake installs the package building specific
'rpmbuild' command or if it has the older rpm command that does
*everything*).

(b) Yes, but you'll probably want to use the RPM mech. if possible.  You
can get brownie points for uploading your set of Mandrake RPM files (you
did edit the release info at the beginning of the spec file to include
'mdk' in the name?).

The '/usr/lib/debug' thing is a 'recent' RedHat (from RH 8 or 9) thing,
where the 'debug' stuff is put into its own directory and then bundled
into its own .rpm file
(package-debug-major.minor.release-subrelease.i386.rpm), which can be
optionally installed.  You can live without this.