Docs for the guile interface to gnucash?

Jeremy Hankins nowan at nowan.org
Mon May 17 00:46:29 EDT 2004

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

> I believe it is possible to add new functions via scheme (although I
> don't know if the core engine will pick them up properly).  The "pmt"
> function is definitely written in scheme, so writing a different
> function that compounds interest differently shouldn't be too hard.

Not hard at all.  With this in my config.user:

; These three functions will calculate scheduled transaction values for
;continously compounded loans.

(define (gnc:pmtc rate nper pv fv type)
  (gnc:pmt (- ($exp rate) 1) nper pv fv type))

(define (gnc:ipmtc rate per nper pv fv type)
  (gnc:ipmt (- ($exp rate) 1) per nper pv fv type))

(define (gnc:ppmtc rate per nper pv fv type)
  (gnc:ppmt (- ($exp rate) 1) per nper pv fv type))

I can use them quite easily in the scheduled transaction editor.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan at nowan.org>