Backup

Bill Wisse wiswp at niue.nu
Sun May 23 23:49:08 EDT 2004

Bill Wisse <wiswp at niue.nu> writes:
> On Sunday 23 May 2004 16:01, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> These are turds left over from a GnuCash crash.  You can
>> safely delete these files.  You might need to chmod
>> them first.
>>
>> Also, you probably don't need to backup EVERYTHING in your
>> data directory, just your main data file.  Unless you really
>> want all the backup and log files?
>
> Thanks Derek
>
> No I don't want to backup everything , just the ones which are essential in
> case of a crash or what ever.
> I'm not quit sure what to backup but I'm sure the help files will help me
> here.

Then all you need to backup are the contents of ~/.gnucash/*,
~/.gnome/GnuCash, and your actual data file.  You don't need to
full datafile directory with the .xac and .log files.

Greetings from

/bill at 169 west , 19 south.

Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are
transmission errors."