Leftover Files

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Mon May 24 14:10:38 EDT 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Uh, it's been XML this whole century, so you must be running something
> REALLY old....

really? seems I just installed it only the other day :-)

1.4.11

works just fine, really.

> What platform are you using that it even still works?!?
> Something like RedHat 5???

it started off as SLS in 1995 (linux-0.99?), a 486 with a 30M disk.
I upgrade it occasionally, you know - new disk, mobo, case
and now it's linux-2.4.26 with libc-2.3.2 and a 120G disk.

I tried upgrading from a CD once, but it overwrote all my config
files, so I don't upgrade that way anymore, I just go get the
source and compile it.

I only upgrade files when it's needed and I don't know of
anything I'm missing with gnucash-1.4.11. It took me
several weekends to figure out how compile, and it's going
to take a lot before I'll do the same thing again for an upgrade.

Joe

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb at epa.gov