gnucash-user Digest, Vol 14, Issue 32

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon May 31 15:03:14 EDT 2004

On Monday 31 May 2004 18:48, Daniel Andrews wrote:
> Hi Maf,
>
> I'm being thick, I can see I have that locale available, I just can't
> figure out how to change to it.  What did you do to set your locale?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I run SuSE, and RC_LANG is configured in /etc/sysconfig/language ... or the
Yast control centre | system | choose language does the same thing

then IIRC this variable is set and exported in ~/.profile as part of the login
process.

If your system is configured totally differently to this, then try a line in
~/.profile along the lines of: export LANG=en_GB.ISO-8859-1

good luck!

Maf.