chart of accounts

John Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Mon Nov 1 00:17:48 EST 2004

Balances are not a problem.  A chart of accounts is a standard accounting
document.  Yes, I create the account numbers. I place them in the "code"
field, but it seems that they are not used.

I took you up on your suggestion.  I signed onto bugzilla, and suggested the
item discussed.  In the mean time, is there a way to write to a text file, the
chart of accounts.  If so, please be specific, as i am a gnucash newbie.  It
took me a month a three responses to an newsgroup inquiry to find that I
should double click on an account line in the accounts screen to bring up the
transaction data entry, taking/putting funds into/out of that account.  That
includes reading the doc.

There seems to be an assumption that if one does not understand the working of
gnucash, that one does not understand accounting.  This is not so, and it
gets in the way of mutual support.

The reason that I did not copy the datafile to the other computer is:
1) it is a different version of gnucash and linux (Suse 8.0 v Suse 8.2).
2) another user expressed problems, and it was confirmed that the path, etc.
are stored in the datafile, and any change causes problems.

John

--
John Sowden
American Sentry Systems. Inc.

U.L. Listed Central Station Alarm Service
Serving the San Francisco Bay Area Since 1967

mail at americansentry.net
http://www.americansentry.net