Startup questions for new business

Bill Wisse wiswp at niue.nu
Tue Nov 9 19:30:46 EST 2004

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 12:49, Maf. King wrote:

> That all makes sense.  My method made it non-trivial to actually see the
> profit made from selling the goods.  The extra COGS account will make life
> much easier to deduce profit later on.

Maf
I don't think I would describe the COGS account as *extra*.
To me , when in business of selling goods, it is the most essential cost
account.
You have straight away and at any time an insight of your Gross Profit , what
is the first indication what your Net Profit will (could) be.
Of course in small businesses it may be  difficult to have an inventory system
in force because of time and /or manpower but be in control of COGS is
essential.
So many things fall between wall and ship.

 You all knew that of course :-)

Greetings from
/bill at 169 west , 19 south.
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are
transmission errors."