Re csv to qif conversion--followup (finally)

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Thu Nov 11 19:30:37 EST 2004

Following up from a long-ago thread on converting csv to qif:

There was a macro for MS Excel 4 that converted v4 xls sheets to qif
from Microsoft.

Importing csv into Excel then using the macro would complete the
csv-to-qif conversion.

The macro did not work properly with Excel 5, where Excel Basic made
it's debut, and does not work at all with later versions of Excel. It is
also seriously broken when imported into Quattro Pro.

I used sed to convert my bank's plain old VIDTEX formatted ASCII text to
csv then fed it to Excel to convert to qif and fed the result to quicken
and gnucash long ago.

I don't know if I can find the macro again. And it seems a lot of stuff
on floppy (which is where it was kept) has bitrot now.

Apologies for the late response.

=-=