Automated reconciliation with GnuCash

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Sat Nov 13 16:12:44 EST 2004

Is there a way to automate the sorting and matching when reconciling a bank
statement?  Something that compares my register with a bank statement (e.g.
in QIF format)?  Something that matches up all the easy-to-match up
transactions so that I only have to deal with (a) approving the matches,
and (b) asking my wife why the transaction wasn't already in the register.

Currently, I use the reconciliation application to reconcile GnuCash with a
paper bank statement.  However, I can download my bank statement in a QIF
file.

Perhaps this has been asked... but I haven't found it in the archives.

Thanks in Advance!!

--
                     G a b r i e l   M .   B e d d i n g f i e l d