windoze version?

Jon Lapham lapham at jandr.org
Sun Nov 21 13:32:47 EST 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Also, the docs at this URL do not cover all the questions
> touched at the Wiki at http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCash

What a freaking nightmare.  This wiki deals stuff that exists in files
in the distribution, on the web pages, in the documentation, and even
suggest posting bugs!  In HOW MANY places do we have information on "How
can I help out?"

Last item here:
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCash

First question here:
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashFrequentlyAskedQuestions

The web site covers this as well:
http://www.gnucash.org/en/contribute.phtml

I think the *idea* of the wiki is well intentioned, but the reality is
that it creates Yet Another Set of Documents that are incomplete, not
kept up to date, and riddled with incorrect information [1].

We need LESS documentation mechanisms, not more.

[1] yes, I know that the Concepts Guide is also not complete, not up to
date, and is riddled with incorrect information.